Stay safe outdoors with the Frontiersman Bear Safe, a Bear Resistant Food Storage Container. This durable food storage container is made for multi-day hikes and has a generous 11.86-liter (734.64 cubic inch) capacity. The container easily packs inside 45 liter or larger bags along with your other outdoor gear; Tapered design helps to make the most of your pack space and prevents awkward load distribution for comfortable carrying. A locking mechanism secures the lid using three solid screws to ensure the lid stays tightly closed; A high pressure release valve allows the container to flex without breaking if a bear attempts to get inside. The smooth polypropylene container is tough and difficult for bears to grasp; It keeps bears out! The water and airtight gasket helps to preserve meals and prevents food odors from escaping and attracting bears to your location. The bright orange color maximizes the visibility of the Frontiersman bear safe in the event that it is misplaced when storing it away from your campsite. Family owned and operated for more than 45 years, SABRE (the creator of Frontiersman), is the #1 brand trusted by consumers worldwide for pepper spray and is a leader in developing safety programs and safety videos to maximize end users’ safety. Empower yourself with extreme stopping power when you need it most.
- SLIM, LIGHTWEIGHT & EASY TO CARRY: This 3LB bear resistant food container's ergonomic tapered shape slides easily in and out of your backpack; Provides greater pack balance and equal load distribution; Measures: 19.91" T x 9.21" W at its widest (top)
- LARGEST CAPACITY FOR FAMILY USE OR EXTENDED HIKES: 11.86L (734.64 cubic inches) storage capacity, making it a perfect hiking accessory for multi-day hikes with family and friends
- PREVENTS ODORS AND PRESERVES FRESHNESS: Bears have an acute sense of smell, meaning food should always be stored in a container that locks in odors; Our INSIDER bear canister is air-tight to seal in odors to help prevent attracting bears
- KEEPS BEARS OUT: This malleable, no-break polypropylene container has a lid that secures tightly to the base with three solid screws; This design withstood a 60 minute test of Grizzlies' attempt to crush, break and open, to ensure your food supply is safe
- FIELD TESTED AND CERTIFIED: The INSIDER bear safe passed rigorous testing by the Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee's (IGBC) bear-resistant products testing program; Meets U.S. Forest Service specifications for use in national parks